Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Get Over It!

The box office in which I work was closed on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th of December. A perfectly reasonable holiday break. Even though no one was in the office and there was no show going on the box office was open for our patrons starting on the 26th.

I don't mind being busy upon our return but what brought out my ire was the attitude that some of these people had. They were angry and appalled that we had been closed the previous day...the 25th...Christmas Day. I understand that not everyone celebrates Christmas but a great many people in the world do and unfortunately the entire world shuts down on Christmas Day. If the holiday means nothing to you then it is just any other day, but that doesn't mean that others should have to work.

It is RUDE to call and yell at us because we were given some time off for the holiday. What if someone yelled at them when they went on vacation or took a day away from their responsibilites to recharge and relax. Something tells me that they wouldn't like it very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home