Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Monday, December 05, 2005

Thanksgiving

For a very long time I have been hearing about the Thanksgiving extravaganza some of my friends have each and every year, and since I have been tucked away here in Los Angeles I thought that it was the perfect year for me to join the Thanksgiving festivities at Yas's. I was by no means disappointed. It was one of the best Thanksgivings that I have ever spent. Yas, as always is an incredible hostess, and the food and the wine was flowing.

Yas made a wonderful thanksgiving dinner. She is someone who knows how to cook! And Orlando did a stupendous job with the turkey. There was also ham which is not thought of with thanksgiving traditionally, but why not. The ham was quite good as well. Plus, there was a table of desserts that were as wonderful to look at as they were to taste, but let me tell you something. I am raving and raving and raving about this food, and all of that raving is well deserved, but I feel like I am just now finishing digesting everything that I ate. I mean, honestly, I was gluttonous. There was no reason to eat all the food that I did, but it was all so delicious and I just could not let the day pass without trying every last dish that was on the table.

What did we do at 2am when we were cleaning everything up? Oh we had ourselves a bit of a snack. Even then I was still full, but the food was just so delicious that I could not resist eating some more of it. After we had eaten dinner, we played a hysterical game of celebrity. The rules aren't so important in this moment, but what is important is that while we were playing it was just a solid block of laughter!!!

Normally, I lace these posts with bits of humor and wild observations, but this post is completely serious. I spent a wonderful Thanksgiving with my wonderful friends in NYC who I miss so much, and I could not have asked for a better Thanksgiving!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home