Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Things that Bring Me Joy.....

It is a rocking Friday night in Los Anglees, and what am I doing tonight? First of all let me just say that it has brought me a great deal of joy, but sometimes the things that bring me joy...well.....I can be strange. Tara, Stephanie, and I spent the later afternoon/early evening putting together book shelves for our living room that were going to hold books...obviously, but also the crown jewel of my possessions: my DVD collection. Anyone who knows me knows that my DVD collection is my pride and joy. I look forward to Tuesdays like no other because it's new release day. Each and every Tuesday brings me new joys and the what seems like the never ending expansion of my movie and tv on dvd collection.

Now these shelves, unfortunately, were only going to be displaying my movies rather then my collection of television series. Displaying simply the movies is more aesthically appealing, and unfortunately my television seasons were put in cabinets on the credenza that holds our tv. I am not treating my television series like bastard stepchildren...if anything they are my favorites, and someday when I have a fabulous West Village brownstone I'm going to have a television room that prominently displays all of my dvds, movie and tv series a like. Do I sound guilty? Am I overcompensating to inanimate objects?

Brief side note: Don't be impressed by the fact that I'm using the word credenza. I just recently learned it, and I'm still not exactly sure of the origins of the word.

The night continued and we had dinner, and somehow the topic came around to the song Everlasting Love by Gloria Estefan. A favorite of mine, especially at karaoke. It brought me back to my going away party which was definitely one of the most fun nights that I had in NYC....that's sort of bitter sweet! But I digress.....to my horror I discovered that this song was not in my ITUNES library, and immediately downloaded it to rectify the situation. Then proceeded to dance and sing to it. I'm talking Tara was running through the apartment bopping around, we were dancing and jumping on my bed as we looked at ourselves in the mirror, and Stephanie simply laughed at us...and bopped a little herself!

Finally, though, it was time for me to put my movies on the shelves, in alphabetical order of course, and I'm happy to report that they look absolutely fabulous! I loved taking them out of that box and putting them on the shelf. A part of having that collection is that it is an impressive display piece. I love having my collection out there for people to say...and slightly mock because of my choice of movies...yes I own and liked Gigli. Revile me if you want, but we all have those movies we love that we are ashamed of. I would think hard before you point and laugh. People in glass houses should not throw stones.

so YAY! my DVDs are displayed, and in a little while i'm going to watch Terminator 3. I haven't seen it, but I'm trey curious because I did see the first two. But first I'm going to be making another post regarding General Hospital...brace yourselves! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home