Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

In My Hurry....

In my desperate need to get out of the house last week I made a serious miscalculation. It seems that since I have moved to LA I have been more accident prone then usual. When I lived in New York I was always tripping over my own feet or bumping into walls or dropping things, but it never actually caused any actual damage to myself or my belongings. That is not the case here in Los Angeles. Here when I bump into a wall I get a huge bruise...or when I hit the coffee table I get a welt on my leg that is sore for a week and a half and nearly incapicatates me. I broke skin people! Or wait...I drop tweezers on the bathroom floor, bend down to pick them up without really thinking about the return trip to being fully stood up, and hit my head on the open cabinet. I caught the edge. It was not pretty. When I lived on the upper east side with Annie and Leslie I slipped and fell out of the shower without hurting myself. I don't think there was a scratch on me. But what happens when I drop some tweezers...I hit my head and get a bump. I've never had a bump on my head in my life. At least as far as I can remember. My first thought was that I had a concussion, and my second thought was that I was going to have a permanent mark on my head which was actually shaped quite nicely. I didn't want this to mar the shape of my head in case I ever go bald. Let's face it...it runs in the family. Not a day goes by that I don't look in the mirror and inspect the hairline and see if it is thinning in places. Most days I can convince myself that it is thinning, but that is because I am paranoid about the whole thing. I'm not sure if it is actually thinning.

Wow....none of that is even remotely close to what I was going to tell you about. Back on track time. So I was in a hurry to get out of my house, and my complete and utter lack of depth perception managed to convince me that I had enough space to back out of the driveway without taking out my passenger side window. I proceeded to zoom out of the garage. Why? I'm not sure. I had never done that before, but apparently on that day the need for speed was in me. Guess what? The next thing I know I hear this loud crunch, and my window is gone. The car must have gone into shock because the blinkers stopped working as well. All is well and on its way to being fixed. What lesson have I learned from this? Never ever have confidence in my depth perception. It doesn't exist so I shouldn't fool myself into thinking that it does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home