Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Friday, January 20, 2006

Quick TidBits...

These are just a couple of things that I thought were funny, but didn't neccesarily need their own post.

When I was riding the subway back into the city from Queens after my evening with Rob, I was sitting there on the never ending train ride, even on the express it was long, and I started to look at the ads on the train. Most of them were about joining the police force. I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself, and for a moment I actually thought about it. For a split second I told myself that I could become a cop. Uhm...sure I could become a cop, but would that be a good thing for me, the New York City Police Department, or New York City as a whole...no. I'm a nervous person, and the last thing that I need to be doing is looking for criminals as I carry a loaded weapon. Guaranteed I would shoot myself in the foot after no more then a month on the force. Yeah....that thought faded fast.

I can't remember who I was introducing myself to, but I was told their name, I stuck out my hand to shake theirs, and I almost introduced myself as Jamie. What? My name is Brian. I'm not exactly sure of all names I would say my name is Jamie, or why I was even saying the wrong name in the first place. It's a mystery. Perhaps one that will never be solved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home