Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Monday, February 13, 2006

How I Love the Gilmore Girls...let me count the ways.

Fine. So I'm not actually going to sit here and count the ways that I love the Gilmore Girls but I am going to rant and rave and laugh and praise and cheer and scold and go through the gamut of emotions about my girls called Gilmore because I do love them so...even when they disappoint me(Lorelai dating Digger anyone!) I stick with them because even in their weakest hour they can bring a smile to my face and a laugh to my throat.

I have to say that I am thrilled beyond belief that Lorelai and Rory have been reunited, and Friday night dinners have been reinstated. It was interesting to see the Gilmores in a fractured state, but it has only made the fact that their relationships are getting back on track all the more satisfying. Lorelai fighting with her parents is always enjoyable, but it is more enjoyable to see her infuriating them in that way that they clearly love, but would never admit. It seems that Richard and Emily are beginning to accept the fact that Lorelai and Luke are for keeps, but in true Gilmore fashion they couldn't welcome him into the family with a hug, but instead through fear mongering tales of insurance fraud that were so convincing they had Lorelai swept up in the fear, and when they were outside finally realizing what had happened to them Lorelai turned to Luke and told him that he had been "Gilmored". LOVED IT! What I do not love is the fact that Luke wanted to postpone the wedding because he found out that he had a daughter. It was too stressful for him. Really? What was stressful? Getting ready to marry the women who is like runaway bride 2.0 when she is in a state of mind to actually not run. Lorelai wants to marry Luke, and even planned the entire wedding. He will have to do nothing but show up so the stressful excuse doesn't fly with me. But Lorelai hasn't really cancelled everything so let's hope that the season ends with a Luke/Lorelai wedding giving us a very married Lorelai for the final season, and maybe a baby by the series finale next May. Just putting it out there.

This week we saw the return of Christopher. Christopher is played by David Sutcliffe, and I love me some David Sutcliffe. I think the man is so hot. I cannot even get over it. I find him irressistible although his hair was a little short this time around, and I could have gone for it to be a bit longer, but he was still yummy nonetheless. I have to say that I really like the fact that he was there to interact with Rory and not be a foil to Luke and Lorelai's relationship. I think that Christopher should definitley have more of a presence on the show, but find him someone else to be romantically paired with other then Lorelai....perhaps the mother of Luke's daughter.....now there is an interesting possibility........

I really seem to be plotting out story for the girls today. They are pretty damn good ideas if I do say so myself. I am just going to end on a note about the heinous previews that the WB supplies for upcoming shows. The preview for this episode of Gilmore Girls CLEARLY wanted us to think that Rory was telling Lorelai that she was pregnant. I mean they couldn't have made it any more obvious if they had written it in the sky, but this astute viewer new that Rory's shocking news was going to be that she moved in with Logan because after being promoted to the editor of the Yale Daily News after Paris's ouster, Paris did a little ouster of her own and booted Rory to the streets. Uhm....Lorelai is well aware that her daughter is doing it all over the place with Logan...and Rory was cavorting around with Dean when he was married. The fact that Rory was forced to move in with Logan because she found herself HOMELESS is less then shocking news.

I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home