Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Saturday, February 11, 2006

R.I.P. Tony Jones(Fictional Character...there has been no actual death in my circle)

I'm going to admit. I just watched Thursday and Friday's episodes of General Hospital, and there was all sorts of good stuff going on. Tony Jones died. This is not good in the lighthearted comedic sort of way, but I love love love when my soap operas make me cry. It is cathartic. As the life slowly oozed out of Tony and he said goodbye to Lucas, Bobbie, and Luke there were tears forming in my eyes. Granted, General Hospital has sidelined Tony and Bobbie majorly over the past few years, but hopefully Tony's death and Lucas's coming out will re-energize Bobbie's storyline, plus with the return of Dr. Noah Drake maybe they can give Bobbie a little loving in the afternoon.

Why do I love Laura Wright as Carly so? She is so fun and feisty, and yet she has it together. They seem to really be bringing out the Spencer in this incarnation of Carly, and I LOVE IT! When Carly referred to Lucky as her cousin and had such concern for him I was doing some jumping up and down for joy(actually I am exhausted, and the jumping up and down was more metaphorical then anything else). Carly is a Spencer with a lot of family on the canvas, but they seemed to have forgotten that in the past few years. Keep Carly spencerfied, and get her away from Sonny. Laura Wright's Carly has yet to be tainted by the plague that is Sonny and Carly, and let's keep it that way. Put her with Jason or Patrick, but just keep her away from Sonny.

Speaking of Sonny, it is my belief that he ruins characters that I once held near and dear to my heart. Currently, he is destroying Emily. He is turning Emily into one of those characters that I want to straight up kick and the teeth. That may be a harsh reaction, but for the love of God if I have to see Emily profess her love and desire to be with Sonny one more time I am going to throw up in my mouth. I could care less if Sonny and Emily have sex or go to the zoo. Why does everyone love Sonny so much? Send him to jail, have him gunned down in a mob war, or have him join the god damn circus. I could care less. Just get rid of him. Now I realize that every soap viewer that exists loves loves loves Sonny, so he will be on that show till he chooses not to(This is not to say that Maurice Bernard isn't a talented and lovely man...I just cannot stand the character of Sonny Corinthos.)

Next week it seems that Courtney is going to die. She is much more central to the canvas, so there should be more tears surronding her death. Fingers crossed for some sobbing. I'm not kidding. I want Courtney's death to make me ball........the last good cry I had at my soap was when Carly, as played by Tamara Braun, was told that Michael was dead and then proceeded to have a funeral for him. That was some gut wrenching stuff......

And another thing...who are Sam's parents? Is she a Cassadaine? Is she Robert and Holly's child? Is she Luke and Holly's child? I mean there is potential for lots of drama with all of it...personally I'm rooting for Sam to be a Cassadine, but something tells me that Emma Samm's return as Holly has something to do with her being Sam's mother. Just a hunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home