Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Monday, June 05, 2006

Experiment...

So who wants to go on a little journey with me?

I'm going to post an add on craigslist looking for people to date. Not because I expect to find the love of my life through an online ad, but because I think it will be fun to see where it leads me and have you all follow me through my little online adventure.

Sound good? Ready? Ok...here is the ad that I posted....


Looking for Love In All The Wrong Places:

If you read the title of my post you will see that my quest for love has not yielded many positive results, and I have a feeling that looking for anything other then random sex on craigslist qualifies it as one of those wrong places, but why not. The worst thing that will happen is that no one will respond to my ad, and that will be the end of it.

I'm not very good with the random hookup as much as I have tried. It just doesn't ever seem to go right for me, and I've started to take that as a sign that I'm just not a random sex kind of guy. I like there to be a little something more behind the sex, and I would like to know someone a little bit before I get naked with them. I know it sounds crazy, but it's this new thing that I'm trying.

I'm a twenty-five year old pseudo professional who dreams of being a writer, but still isn't quite sure what to write about. I'm a nightowl who tends to have to get up early so I rarely get enough sleep. I spend a lot of time with my friends and a lot of time with my DVR. I'm cute and funny, but not hot and hysterical.

And.....

I'm not going to put up a picture in this ad. Are you shocked? I want the personality in these words to speak to someone and have that make them want to respond to me. Once that happens then I will send a picture. I'm sure some of you are reading this and think that there is some sort of ulterior motive for me not wanting to send a picture. There isn't. I'm not concieted, but I know I'm cute. I just think that it shouldn't be all about that. If you want to send a picture to me that is fine, but be clothed and don't have it be of anything that I would have to take your clothes off to see.

And that is that. I look forward to any and all responses.




Soooo.....that ad may not sound like it was written by a person who doesn't expect anything from the ad, but I figure I might as well put what I want out there. I don't expect anything other then some funny stories to come out of it, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be open to the possibilty of something else(HA! YEAH RIGHT! :) )

Stay tuned.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home