Don't Ever Forget...I'm from New York

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Why?

I decided to get Subway for lunch today. I left my post at the window and walked over to 42nd and 9th. I ordered my sandwich, and as the subway attendant was putting everything on my sandwich, I turned to see the man, and not a skinny man, next to me getting condiments put on his sandwich.

The subway attendant that was helping him started to put mayo from those squeeze bottles onto the sandwich, and it seemed like he never wanted her to stop. I think that she may have used half that bottle on his sandwich. At this point I could see nothing but mayo and bread.

This is gross. I like mayo, don't get me wrong, but no one needs that much mayo. That is a fact. It's too much. Add that to the fact that he was overweight and clearly not in shape it makes me ask the question why do that to yourself? Cutting out the mayo is a an excellent, and easy, step in making your diet just a little bit healthier. If you really must have mayo, just add a touch for flavor. Don't make the actual contents of the sandwich the condiments for your mayo.

It almost made me lose my appetitie. Almost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home